GUYS I WAS THERE THE KISS BETWEEN ALISON AND JACK WAS A CUTE SWEET THING IT WASNT LIKE SEXUAL OR ROMANTIC PLS
The reason he doesn’t do shit like that during Dead Weather gigs is because of the energy of that band (jack’s all about gimmicks, which I think is a cool thing about him) - in the DW it’s all about like… Hot, sexy, primal stuff. He’s not gonna make out with Alison on stage.
Last night, it was a sort of “thank you for coming out on stage Alison, I’m having fun, I love you” sweet thing. I loved it but I think everyone is blowing it out of proportion lol
They’re so fucking cute together I love it
Proof that last night was probably the best Jack White gig for him so far
- Jack refused to stop playing - the sound got turned off and there were people backstage telling him to stop but he just walked up to the front of the stage with his guitar (where I was hehe), told everyone and his band to be silent (which everyone did) and shouted “RIGHT SO THEY’VE TURNED OFF THE PA. I’M GONNA SING A LINE AND YOU REPEAT AFTER ME. OK? CAN WE DO THIS?” It was beautiful
- Jack cried at the end when he was bowing (nvr seen that happen)
- The Kills were supporting and at a point I didn’t even want Jack to come out because they were so amazing
- When he first came out he hadn’t done his tie and he stood for 5 minutes at the front of the stage with a bottle of champagne doing his tie. He hadn’t even said a word yet.
- Alison came out during “Love Interruption” with lyrics scribbled on a piece of paper, and her and Jack forgot all the lyrics and kept mumbling while leaning down to read them off the paper it was so cute
- Alison AND Jamie came out for the last song (during which the sound was turned off) which was a cover of "Goodnight Irene"
- He did a cover of "I Wanna Be Your Dog". YES. THE STOOGES. I WAS SCREAMING.
- Jack played songs from De Stijl which happens to me my (joint) favourite White Stripes album, i.e. "Little Bird", "Why Can’t You Be Nicer To Me?" and "Hello Operator"
- He played a really stripped down version of “You’ve Got Her In Your Pocket” which was so beautiful and sweet
- He also played "You Don’t Know What Love Is (You Just Do As Your Told)" - when he announced this he said the full title and actually said the word "parenthesis"
- He played "Old Enough" which is my favourite Raconteurs song
- It was Lille Mae’s birthday and he made each of the band members say "I love you Lillie Mae" into their mics and then dedicated “Steady As She Goes” to her even though he said that song was "the antithesis of her… I’m gonna bring you to the library to help you find out what that word means, Lillie Mae… I’m not actually sure I know either… But I’m pretty sure you’re the opposite of this song, Lillie Mae."
26/06/14, Royal Kilmainham Hospital, Dublin
The Dead Weather album is being released in 2015 because then it gives time for the Kills to tour their new record? This is my theory